50001 Youth Training Trust
Formerly known as Thames Class Lifeboat Trust
Registered charity No. 1160783
The 50001 Youth Training Trust exists in order to:
- Advance in life and help develop young people aged between 12-25yrs from ‘vulnerable’ backgrounds within the uk through:
(a) the provision of recreational and leisure time activities provided in the interest of social welfare, designed to improve their conditions of life.
(b) providing support and activities which develop their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate within society as mature and responsible individuals.
- Preserve, operate, maintain and exhibit for the benefit of the public the historic Lowestoft built lifeboat 50-001 in particular but not exclusively by:
(a)acting as a community resource offering maritime and team building training for young people and under privileged individuals.
(b)operating the lifeboat as a floating museum.
- One of two, Lowestoft built Thames Class Lifeboats
- 50ft Long, 15ft wide, weighing approximately 30 Tons and is built from steel
- Served at Dover & Falmouth between 1973 & 1997
- Launched 411 times, Saved 177 Lives,
- Crews of “Rotary Service” have been awarded 8 RNLI medals for bravery